Hi there, friend, and Happy Pisces season! It’s been a bit since I’ve recorded a solo episode and I wanted to update you on what has been going on in my life. In the last month or so, I’ve entered into what many may call “A Dark Night of the Soul” or a “spiritual crisis/emergency”. It has felt like a journey into my inner darkness where my shadows, wounded Inner Child, and deepest fears live. I’ve never had to face my fears head-on like I have been pushed into doing right now. While it has been incredibly uncomfortable, challenging, and downright f****** terrifying at times, I feel like I am not the same person I was before (and in a good way).
- what a Dark Night of the Soul can feel like and how this is an incredibly transformative experience to have on your spiritual journey
- the importance of enDARKenment (in addition to enLIGHTenment) as a way of meeting your soul in a deep and vulnerable way
- how I have had to develop stronger self-trust to stay grounded during this turbulent time in addition to cultivating deeper trust with the Universe/my Higher Power
- my recent study of Joseph Campbell and “the hero/heroine’s journey” and how this has brought me so much comfort & validation that what I am experiencing is a necessary part of my evolution
…and more. There is a lot packed in this episode! I go into what lessons I have learned and what I feel like this means for my life moving forward.
If you are also experiencing something similar in your own life right now, I want to remind you that you are not alone. This pain and this suffering that you are experiencing right now will not last forever. You are not crazy. You will be okay. Everything is aligning for your betterment. You are not alone in this.
- Book: It Didn’t Start with You: How Inherited Family Trauma Shapes Who We Are and How to End the Cycle by Mark Wolynn
- Hero/Heroine’s Journey Documentary: Finding Joe
Mental Health Disclaimer: If you or anyone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis or emergency, please dial 9-8-8 (in the USA) to talk to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area at any time (National Suicide Prevention Lifeline). If you are located outside the United States, call your local emergency line immediately.
Leave a Reply